About the Brown University Sports Foundation
The Brown University Sports Foundation (BUSF) is committed to providing support that ensures a quality athletic and educational experience for our student-athletes and the entire Brown community.
Goals in support of our mission:
- Maximize philanthropic support (annual-use, endowment, and capital projects) in support of 37 varsity and seven club sports.
- Promote fundraising for general-use athletic facilities and programs that provide for the well-being and fitness of the entire Brown community (students, faculty, and staff).
- Be a strong advocate within the University for the positive role that athletics can play in the overall educational experience and in the life of the campus.
- Provide a key avenue for athletic alumni to get reconnected to the University, as well as their teammates and friends.
- Develop an esprit de corps among alumni, parents, and other friends of Brown athletics, thus fostering their propensity to support Brown and its various athletic endeavors.
Central to our efforts on behalf of the Brown sports program is an underlying philosophy that athletics is a critical part of the overall educational and University experience for student-athletes as well as the entire Brown community.
We believe strongly that the demands put on our students in the classroom, should in no way detract from their desire to excel at a national and international level in athletics. The Sports Foundation believes that it is incumbent upon us to provide Brown’s student-athletes with every possible opportunity to succeed.